Young children are just learning to play and learn together. They are just learning how to express their wishes to each other. In support of this stage of development, this workshop will focus on methods to teach words for feelings, develop conflict resolution skills, understanding your own behavior and triggers, feelings and behavior (yours), envisioning your classroom as a web of relationships (relational mapping).
Learning outcomes: Participants will:
- Learn to foster children’s abilities to communicate about feelings
- Understand how their own feelings drive their behavior towards children
- Learn to edit this behavior: what to keep and what to stop
- Learn how to make their class more connected
- Learn to recover from disconnections and conflict
- Experiment with visual tools for understanding their class
- Communicate better with colleagues by using these tools
The target audience for this training is Pre-K, K teachers and day care providers and care workers. It is traditionally 2 to 6 hours, with follow up consultation available.
For more information, contact Georgia Sassen, Executive Director, at info@brikontheweb or (978) 456-7366.