Our trainings for parents, professionals, and college service-learning students focus on techniques to help youth to develop positive coping strategies and nurture growth-fostering relationships with others to serve as the foundation for building resilience.
Our trainings include:
- modalities for working preventively with groups of children
- methods for bridging gaps across cultures and races
- new perspectives focusing on relationships among families rather than pathologies
- techniques for understanding complex family systems and the impact of wider social networks on them
BRIK’s trainings are:
- Research-based. Our work is based on Relational Cultural Theory research (Miller, et al, 1997).
- Culturally sensitive. Our trainings provide methods for bridging gaps across cultures and races
- Interactive. Participants have the opportunities to work in small groups on activities.
- Customized. Trainings are customized to the needs of each program
Current Trainings for Professionals: Teachers, Social Workers, and Other Care Professionals
- Art from the Heart: Building Empathy and Relational Skills through Creating Together–for Professionals
- Making Connections at School: A Program to Increase “Relational Intelligence”–for Professionals
- Teach Words for Feelings: Relational Approaches to Pre-K Behavior-for Professionals
- Teach Words for Feelings: Tools for Helping Boys Grades 1-5 with Aggressive Behavior–for Professionals
- Relational Mapping: Building Connections with Relational Mapping
- Relational Intelligence for Better Mentoring: Increase Your “Relational Intelligence”–for Professionals
Current Programs for Parents
- Girls on the Brink of Adolescence
- Kids on the Brink of Adolescence
- Teach Words for Feelings–for parents of pre-K and kindergarten age children
Current Trainings for College-Age Service-Learning Students
Our trainings and programs can be adapted to meet the needs of your program or group. For further information contact Georgia Sassen, Executive Director, at info@brikontheweb or at (978) 456-7366.